NET/WORK is a technology jobs fair showcasing vibrant companies seeking talent and talented people seeking work. Nothing stiff or stuffy about it. The companies at NET/WORK are psyched to show off their company culture—and get to know you outside of your resume.
HIRING ORGANIZATIONS / EXHIBITORS: (check back for updates)
Technical.ly asked these hiring companies to share what they're looking for in potential candidates. Check out what positions are open and what skills are needed by reviewing our Exhibitor Survey Results.
- Technically Media
- Susquehanna International Group
- eMoney Advisor
- Aspect Consulting, Inc.
- Tonic Design Co.
- Kepler Group
- Archer Group
- Delphic Digital
- Swift Capital
- Think Brownstone
- Relay Network
- Inspire Energy
- Oncourse Systems
- Message Agency
- Arcweb Technologies
- Chariot Solutions
- Brio Solutions
- s2s Communications
- The Little Big IT Box
- Information Assurance Specialists, Inc.
- Juno Search Partners
- J2 Solutions
- eCity Interactive
- Greenlane Search Marketing, LLC
- The School District of Philadelphia
- University of Pennsylvania
- Brian Communications
- JPMorgan Chase
- ZipCode Wilmington
- Health Union
- Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health
- Evolve IP
- Open Systems Technologies
- Judge Group
- Engine Room
- Pliner Solutions
- Frontline Technologies
GET YOUR HEADSHOTS DONE THANKS TO:
(Neal Santos will join us again this year to take these professional shots)
(HubBub will also have delicious pastries available for individual purchase)
ATTEND IF YOU ARE:
- Looking for full-time work with a company that fits your skills & personality
- Seeking opportunities in Dev, Design, Engineering, UX, Programming, etc
- Are a recent grad looking for an apprenticeship
- Interested in freelance gigs
- Currently employed, but want to feel out future opportunities
- Looking to network
Great technologists have options when it comes to finding a job. The employers at NET/WORK are looking to learn more than just what's on your resume. You'll still need chops to land your dream job, but at NET/WORK, your personality & "fit" carry real weight.
WHY NET/WORK RULES:
- Suit & tie are optional
- Hone your skills and get inspired at Dev Talks
- Hear tips for getting hired during Professional Development discussions
- Drop off your resume and get feedback
- Hang at the after-party for networking, beer (21+) and snacks (5-7pm)
- Visit the photobooth for LinkedIn appropriate headshots
1:00 PM | EVENT START
2:00 - 2:30 PM
- CAREER TALK | Choose Your Own (Career) Adventure with Sarah Johnson, Community Outreach Manager, TechGirlz. What does a career path in tech look like these days? You get to choose! Come to this session to start figuring out what you want your career adventure to be: identify your work themes, define your likes and dislikes, and start preparing for your next career move.
If you've ever built a SPA, you've likely run into issues with keeping track of application state as users interact with the page, and as data comes and goes from an API. Learn how Redux, a popular new open source library, offers an opinionated, functional-based solution to this state problem by keeping a single store for your application's tree of observable objects.
3:00 - 3:30 PM
- CAREER TALK | The Art of Networking with Mikel Harden, Partner, Juno Search Partners. Talking about how your social media can impact your job search. Managing social media, networking through social media, how to maintain relationships with your recruiters and other people in your professional network to propel your job search.
- DEV TALK | The State of Augmented Reality with Froilan Miranda, Technical Instructor, Zip Code Wilmington. This talk will introduce the concepts around augmented reality and the current state in which it is utilized in several social and industrial projects. Also, taking a look at the technologies that are used to development of AR applications and plans for AR in the near future.
4:00 - 4:30 PM
- DEV TALK | Easy Digital Skills for the 21st Century Job Seeker: The Office Suite is Dead with Zach Feldman, Chief Academic Officer/Co-Founder, New York Code + Design Academy. It used to be almost a requirement to put the Microsoft Office suite on your resume. Now that that's become de rigeur, what 21st-century technology skills are employers looking for on resumes? Join Zach and find out!
5:00 - 5:30 PM
- CAREER TALK | Making a Career Transition Into Web with Helene Speer, Senior User Interface Developer and Lisa Burgess, User Interface Developer, Think Brownstone. We both successfully made the leap from different industries to careers in web. Come out to learn about how we did it and what you can do to get traction in the tech job market. Please share your challenges, successes, and questions with us!
- DEV TALK | Working with data at scale: Navigating the big data stack with Christina Kirby, Senior Data Engineer, Comcast. 2016 marks the 10th Anniversary of Hadoop, the open source project that sparked the Big Data craze. This session, led by Comcast Senior Data Engineer, Christina Kirby, will step through the open source technologies available in the big data space to empower you with the tools to begin finding insights from your data.
6:00 PM to 7:00 PM | HAPPY HOUR
7:00 PM | EVENT CLOSE
NET/WORK is produced by Technical.ly Philly