Klein News Innovation Camp 2019 (#kleincamp19) is an annual unconference on news innovation, in which attendees come together to discuss best practices in innovating and strengthening our communities and conversations.
The 11th annual Klein News Innovation Camp (formerly Barcamp News Innovation or BCNI) will feature conference sessions from newsroom leaders from big brands, local leaders, and independent freelancers who follow and spot trends in evolving news organizations. Like other unconferences, most of the programming is made on-site by the attendees to create an approachable environment.
- 9:00AM: Arrive, Breakfast, Session Ideas
- 9:30AM: Session Board Closes
- 9:45AM: Welcoming Remarks
- 10:00AM: First Session
- 11:00AM: Second Session
- 12:00PM: Lunch & Keynote
- 01:00PM: Third Session
- 02:00PM: Fourth Session
- 03:00PM: Fifth Session
- 04:00PM: Closing Remarks
- 04:30PM: Happy Hour! @ The Draught Horse, 1431 Cecil B. Moore Ave
This year's lunchtime keynote is CNN’s Michael Smerconish!
Familiar attendees come from these and other brands:
- New York Times
- Vox Media
- Wall Street Journal
- Washington Post
- USA Today
- National Geographic
- Philadelphia Inquirer
- NBC Philadelphia / NBC10 and Telemundo62 at NBCUniversal Media
- Resolve Philly
- Independence Public Media Foundation
- American Journalism Project
- Committee of 70
What does your ticket get you?
- Admission to a day-long conference with smart leaders in how news is changing
- Powerful keynote address
- Track of sessions
- Unconference board to plan your own session
- Pre-planned sessions from top news organizations and independent media outlets.
- Continental breakfast with hot coffee; lunch; Happy Hour (drink ticket and apps)
Notes on Ticketing:
- Early Bird tickets now available for $10 until October 4th!
- Temple affiliated receive free entry, with OWLcard.
- General Admission: Admits you to attend all of the Klein Camp sessions.
- Donation: Help make Klein Camp awesome. 100 percent of your money will go to improving the quality of the event.