BarCamp News Innovation (#bcni15) is an annual unconference on news innovation, in which attendees come together and talk about best practices in innovating and strengthening our communities and conversations.
This is the seventh annual BarCamp News Innovation (BCNI), and it will feature top-flight programming, including conversations that become sessions day-of and several powerful pre-planned sessions.
This year's Keynote Speaker will be Lauren Rabaino, Director of Editorial Products at Vox Media. Learn more about Lauren!
Thanks to our venue sponsor Temple University Dept. of Journalism and our lead event sponsor Center for Public Interest Journalism. This event is organized by Technical.ly, the network of local technology news sites.
What does your ticket get you?
- Admission to a day-long conference with smart leaders in how news is changing
- Powerful keynote address
- Track of sessions
- Unconference board to plan your own session
- Pre-planned sessions from top news organizations and independent media outlets.
- Breakfast (donuts, coffee); lunch (sandwiches, canned drinks); Happy Hour (drink ticket and apps)
Notes on Ticketing:
- Pricing: This is the fourth time that BCNI costs a small fee to attend. We are doing this to help Temple and other partners better judge exact attendance. In previous BCNI events, our no-show rate would sometimes be above 50 percent. 100 percent of your money will go to provide a full day of programming, free lunch and discounted after-party.
- Students are free, with ID.
- General Admission: Admits you to attend all of the BCNI sessions.
- Donation: Help make BCNI awesome. 100 percent of your money will go to inproving the quality of the event.
Doors open at 9am. Programming starts at 10am.