BarCamp NewsInnovation (#bcni14) is an annual unconference on news innovation, in which attendees come together and talk about best practices in innovating and strengthening our communities and conversations.
This is the sixth annual BarCamp NewsInnovation (BCNI), and it will feature top-flight programming, including conversations that become sessions day-of and these powerful pre-planned sessions.
Thanks to our lead sponsor Center for Public Interest Journalism, our lunchtime and venue sponsor Temple University Dept. of Journalism. This event is organized by Technical.ly, the network of local technology news sites.
What does your ticket get you?
- Admission to a day-long conference with smart leaders in how news is changing
- Keynote from Amanda Zamora, ProPublica engagement editor
- Track of sessions from Google
- Unconference board to plan your own session
- Pre-planned sessions from leaders from organizations like the Washington Post, Associated Press and independent media outlets.
- Breakfast (donuts, coffee); lunch (sandwiches, canned drinks); Happy Hour (drink ticket and apps)
Notes on Ticketing:
- Pricing: This is the third time that BCNI costs a small fee to attend. We are doing this to help Temple and other partners better judge exact attendance. In previous BCNI events, our no-show rate would sometimes be above 50 percent. 100 percent of your money will go to provide a full day of programming, free lunch and discounted after-party.
- Students are free, with ID.
- General Admission: Admits you to attend all of the BCNI sessions.
- Donation: Help make BCNI awesome. 100 percent of your money will go to inproving the quality of the event.
This event will again be held in partnership with our friends over at Content Camp Philly.