NET/WORK is a technology jobs fair showcasing vibrant companies seeking talent and talented people seeking work. Nothing stiff or stuffy about it. The companies at NET/WORK are psyched to show off their company culture—and get to know you outside of your resume.
ATTEND IF YOU ARE:
Great technologists have options when it comes to finding a job. The employers at NET/WORK are looking to learn more than just what's on your resume and show off their own company culture. You'll still need chops to land your dream job, but at NET/WORK, your personality & "fit" carry real weight.
We'll also set you up with your best employer match. RSVP to NET/WORK and we'll send you a personality test that will pair you with an organization whose culture best suits your personality. There's no blind dates in this matchmaking scenario.
WHY NET/WORK RULES:
Suit & tie are optional; we'll have free coffee and after-party beer and snacks (5pm-7pm). Oh yeah, there's also going to be 30+ local and regional tech companies ready to hire. Matchmaking, career counseling & a slew of programming that will help you get a corner office. Grab a free headshot from pro photographer Neal Santos!
1PM: Doors open! Meet with employers, get a free head shot taken, and grab a free cup of Hubbub coffee in our Co-working Cafe with Indy Hall.
- Dev Talk: Chris Conley, developer at Monetate, will discuss recent engineering challenges at Monetate including prepping for 5x traffic increase (more than 12k requests per second) over Black Friday Weekend, building a Photoshop clone in the browser and writing a Monte Carlo simulator to verify our statistical models.
- In the Expert Hub: Drop in for a resume workshop. Drop your resume off early & get a 1-on-1 resume review with a local expert.
- In the Expert Hub: Learn how to nail your next interview.
-Dev Talk: JRuby! with Jearvon Dharrie, developer at Prompt Works & Philly.rb Meetup organizer. Jearvon will present on the benefits of a JRuby stack. He will discuss getting started and recount his experience using it.
- In the Expert Hub: Get tips on negotiating compensation.
5PM: Happy hour! The bar opens & snacks come out.
- In the Expert Hub: Learn to talk-the-talk at Networking 101.
7PM: Thanks for coming!
Are you a recruiter? Contact email@example.com for access (you won't be admitted with a Job Seeker or Student ticket).
Interested in other sponsorship opportunities? We have multiple levels available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details